Thank you for agreeing to Lifecycles Travel’s booking terms and conditions.
Please read our Acknowledgement of Risk, Release and Indemnity statements below. Those purchasing Bike Hire, Hamax Child Carrier Hire, Guided Rides, Cycling Tours and Cycling Holidays will hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
Bike Hire Terms and Conditions
When hiring a bike or child carrier from Lifecycles Travel you hereby agree to our Bike Hire Acknowledgement of Risk, Release and Indemnity. You will agree to these conditions via one or more of the following: upon clicking and selecting the Terms and Conditions tickbox via our online store, when paying an invoice and/or when filling out a rider information form.
Bike Hire Acknowledgement of Risk, Release and Indemnity
I hereby declare that I and everyone using the bicycle(s) or child carrier I am now renting have the necessary experience to use it/them and that I have tested and checked it’s/they’re in perfect working condition. I will notify Lifecycles Travel immediately of any eventual malfunctions or breakages.
I declare that the bicycle/s and child carrier will not be used improperly and that I will personally deliver it/them to the agreed return location on the final day of rental.
I authorise Lifecycles Travel to charge me for all eventual costs in case of damages to the bicycle(s) during my rental period, comprehensive of labour.
In case of theft, I will be responsible for reimbursing Lifecycles Travel for the original purchase price of the bike, plus the cost of any accessories that were provided at the time of the bike rental.
I agree to not hold Lifecycles Travel its operators, agents and employees responsible for personal injuries or property damage, loss or delay, or change of itinerary incurred by any person or renter arising out of the act of negligence of any direct or supplemental carrier, or other person rendering any of these services, nor shall Lifecycles Travel be responsible for any injuries, death, damage, loss or delay in any means of transportation or by reasons of any event beyond the actual control of Lifecycles Travel, or of any agent or supplier.
The parties agree the condition of the Equipment is notated as below:
– The front and rear brakes are working properly.
– The brake shoe pads are not over worn and are correctly positioned in relation to the rims.
– The brake control cables are lubricated, correctly adjusted and display no obvious wear.
– Ensure brake control levers are lubricated and tightly secured to the handlebar.
Wheels and Tyres
– The tyres are inflated to within the recommended limit.
– The tyres have no treat and no bulges or excessive wear.
– The rims run true and have no obvious wobbles or kinks
– The axle nuts are tight.
– The handlebar and stem are correctly adjusted and tightened, and allow for proper steering.
– The handlebars are set correctly in relation to the fork and the direction of travel.
Chain – The chain is oiled, cleaned and runs smoothly.
Bearings – All of the bearings are lubricated, run freely and display no excess movement, grinding or rattling.
Cranks and Pedals
– All of the pedals are securely tightened to the cranks.
– All of the cranks are securely tightened to the axle and are not bent.
– The front and rear mechanisms are adjusted and function properly.
– The shift and brake levers are attached to the handlebar, shift and brakes.
– The derailleurs, shift levers and shift and brake cables are properly lubricated.
Frame and Fork – The frame and fork are not bent or broken.
Motor Drive Assembly and Throttle
– All motor drive components are correctly mounted and functioning properly
Battery Pack – The battery is in good operating condition
Bike Warranty and Waiver
Person/s who rent bike/s and child carrier warrant to Lifecycles Travel:
1. I am reasonably fit and healthy, such that I can use the Equipment for the purpose which I intend to use it for;
2. I am a proficient cyclist and am confident I can use the Equipment for such purpose, including in variable traffic and weather conditions
3. As far as I am aware, I do not suffer from any physical or mental condition (such as colour-blindness, other vision impairment, balance impairment, epilepsy or cardio-respiratory condition) which may impact on my ability to safely control the Equipment, including in variable traffic and weather conditions;
4. I have read and understood the Lifecycles Travel Rental Agreement and agree to comply with all my obligations under same, including the following:
5. I will wear an Australian Standard-compliant helmet (AS/NZS 2063:2008 or as updated from time to time) at all times whilst using the Equipment (unless I hold a valid exemption under local law);
6. I will satisfy myself on each occasion before commencing a ride that the Equipment is roadworthy (including front and back lights if I intend on riding after sunset);
7. I will not operate the Equipment in a negligent manager, or in violation of any laws;
8. I agree that Lifecycles Travel has given me instructions on how to use the Equipment;
9. I agree that Lifecycles Travel has given me safety procedures pertaining to the safe use of the Equipment;
10. I agree not to use the Equipment if it is in a condition that is deemed to be unsafe; and
11. I agree to return the Equipment to a nominated Lifecycles Travel location for repairs or an inspection if a fault is suspected.
Renter’s cap on damage, loss or theft
U-Lock and/or Cable $60
Beach Cruiser Cost $399
Townie Ebike (2021) Cost $2000
Townie Go! E bike (2022) Cost $2,594
Hamax Child Carrier Cost $995
Trek Domane Equipment Cost $4699
Trek Checkpoint Equipment Cost $5299
Trek Domane LT+ E Bike Equipment Cost $8999
Starvos Helmet $169.99
Solstice Helmet $69.99
Bike Pump $59.99
Wahoo GPS Computer $369.99
Bontrager lights front and rear $49.99 (each)
Spares kit $122
Bike Hire Cancellation Policy
Once a hire bike is booked, 25% of the rental cost will be non-refundable. Cancellation within 1 week of the rental will be 50% non-refundable.
Guided Ride, Cycling Tour & Cycling Holiday
Limitation of Liability, Release & Indemnity
Lifecycles Travel strictly and expressly relies on each traveller to read, and agree to our standard Acknowledgement of Risk, Release and Indemnity. You will agree upon clicking and checking the Terms and Conditions tickbox via our online store.
Guided Ride, Cycling Tour and Cycling Holiday Acknowledgement of Risk, Release and Indemnity
Cycling can be a dangerous sport.
In consideration of accepting my participation in the trip and adventure which may involve significant risk of physical harm, I agree to this release of claims, waiver of liability and assumption on risk. I am aware that biking is a recreational activity which may involve, in addition to usual and inherent risk, danger to myself, the possibility of injury and harm and physical exertion for which I may not be prepared, remoteness to normal medical service, weather extremes subject to sudden and unexpected change and evacuation difficulties if I am disabled.
I accept all of the inherent and obvious risks and understand that biking is a dangerous recreational activity and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting therefrom.
I acknowledge that the enjoyment and excitement of biking are derived in part from the inherent risks incurred by the activity beyond the accepted safety of life at home or work and that these inherent risks contribute to such enjoyment and excitement being a reason for my participation. I hereby release and forever discharge from all liability and agree not to sue Lifecycles Travel and its employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, public bodies, landholders and sponsors from any all claims, suits, demands, expenses, costs, damages or proceedings of any nature whatsoever arising from any personal injury, death, property damage or loss sustained by me as a result of my participation in the ride.
I hereby indemnify and hold harmless Lifecycles Travel and its employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, public bodies, landholders and sponsors from and against all claims, suits, demands, expenses, costs, actions and proceedings of any nature whatsoever arising from any injury, loss or damage suffered by any other person as a result of any act, omission, neglect or default of my part in connection with my participation in the ride.
I acknowledge that I have a level of fitness that allows me to participate in the entire ride.
I agree to wear an Australian Standards approved cycling helmet whilst riding a bike at all times during the ride. I hereby agree to allow my name, results, photographs, video, multimedia or film likeness to be used for a legitimate purpose by Lifecycles Travel.
I acknowledge that I am responsible for my own bike when riding. I acknowledge that when I ride on any roads during the ride/s, I will abide by local road rules, including stopping at all traffic lights and ride in single file. I accept that vehicles are a part of riding on roads and I will not listen to portable devices through the use of earphones.
I have carefully read this waiver and agree to abide by these conditions over the entire trip and adventure. I agree to obey all directions and decisions from the tour leader, employees, agents and contractors for the entirety of the tour. I confirm that I am of legal consent (that is 18 years or older) and that I have read and understood this Risk Assessment and Waiver of Liability Agreement prior to agreeing to it and agree that this agreement will be binding up my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and successors. All participants must agree as having read and understood this declaration and the terms and conditions as part of the registration process.
Guided Rides Cancellation Policy
Once a guided ride is booked, 25% will be non-refundable. Same-day cancellation is 100% non-refundable.
If subject to bad weather the procedure is to first try and reschedule the ride. If unsuccessful a full refund will be allocated.
All Lifecycles Travel trips are intentionally designed to take clients “off the beaten path” to places where facilities, infrastructure, safety and other standards may not be sophisticated and may be different from those in a traveller’s home country. Trips involve physical activity that can be demanding, depending on the condition of the traveller, and the risk of serious personal injury, including permanent disability and death from accident, illness or the actions or negligence of other persons. Medical facilities and services may not be easily accessible and may not be sophisticated. There are other risks associated with the trips, such as theft or loss of or damage to property. Some of the services provided in connection with the trip, including accommodation, transportation, food service, and local tours and activities, are obtained from independent suppliers over whom Lifecycles Travel has no control.
Bookings & Payment
Domestic Trips (in Australia)
To reserve your booking, we require a deposit per person. The balance of your payment is due 60 days prior to departure. If reserving your trip within 60 days of departure, full payment is required.
International Trips (outside of Australia)
To reserve your booking, we require a AUD$500 deposit per person. The balance of your payment is due 90 days prior to departure. If reserving your trip within 90 days of departure, full payment is required.
Holiday Cancellation Policy
Domestic Cycling Holidays (in Australia)
If you have to cancel your domestic Lifecycles Travel trip, you will be subject to the following cancellation fees: cancellation more than 60 days before the trip start incurs a cancellation fee to the amount of the deposit, cancellation 31-60 before the trip start incurs a 50% cancellation fee, cancellation within 30 days of trip start incurs a 100% cancellation fee.
Should you cancel your reservation more than 60 days in advance of the departure date, the entire deposit per person is transferable as a future trip credit to be used by the same traveller towards a Lifecycles Travel trip departing within 24 months of the original trip cancellation date. This credit cannot be extended beyond 24 months and be transferred to another trip only once.
International Cycling Holidays (outside of Australia)
If you have to cancel your international Lifecycles Travel trip, you will be subject to the following cancellation fees: cancellation more than 90 days before the trip start incurs a $500 cancellation fee, cancellation 61-90 before the trip start incurs a 25% cancellation fee, cancellation 31-60 before the trip start incurs a 50% cancellation fee, cancellation within 30 days of trip start incurs a 100% cancellation fee.
Should you cancel your reservation more than 90 days in advance of the departure date, the entire AUD$500 per person deposit is transferable as a future trip credit to be used by the same traveller towards a Lifecycles Travel trip departing within 24 months of the original trip cancellation date. This credit cannot be extended beyond 24 months and be transferred to another trip only once.